Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Grateful List - August 5, 2019

The day is officially over, I'm 29 years old. I have a tendency to get moody and frustrated when I realize that time is moving at an ever increasing speed and it doesn't feel like I'm keeping up. When those feelings surface, one of my most effective weapons is gratitude. Here's my list for today, in no particular order.

  1. Small town libraries
  2. Frozen mini Reeses cups
  3. The piano arranger Victor Labenske
  4. My momma, coming to spend my birthday afternoon with me
  5. Days that Chad is able to come home at a decent time
  6. Pup snuggles while my parents dog sit for my brother
  7. The hope of the homeschool year to come
  8. Lori Wick books on our library app (particularly the English Garden series)
  9. Children's books with silly words and phrases
  10. The passing of time as it relates to my kids
  11. The unique construction of our house that lends itself to keeping in the cool air
  12. Also the lone air conditioner in our living room
  13. Tennis shoes that keep my sciatica from being terrible
  14. Dishwashers....always
  15. Classico pasta sauce for having the perfect shape and size jars for drinking glasses
These are the small things that as I look back on today were bright spots. There is so much to be thankful for in my life, home, town, country, faith, etc. Sometimes to realign my daily attitude, it helps to examine the smaller things.

Recognizing these small blessings may not hold the key to catching up to the life that is speeding by. But maybe it can help to slightly slow down the speeding life just a smidge.

Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: