Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Good Morning

I try hard, try to make mornings good. Without a good morning the rest of the day tries to fall apart on me. Well, this morning is a good morning, and I have pictures to prove it!

It started at 6:20ish when baby girl's insistence woke me up. (Well, it really started when Chad kissed me before going to work, but since I barely woke up enough to acknowledge that I don't think it counts.) I changed her diaper, put drops in her eyes, swabbed her nose with ointment (we are battling an infection), and fed her. After a full feeding we decided it was time to do something constructive with the 1/2 hour we had left before she would go down for her first nap.

Going to the back porch was the choice. We both got dressed, put hats on (to cover my hair and a bonnet to protect her head and face), gathered books, and grabbed a blanket. I read the first chapter of the Jesus Storybook Bible and Thankful for God's Blessings to baby girl before she told me it was time for her first nap. After putting her down I was able to come out and read Philippians.

Good, very good start to the day don't ya think?



Now to tackle some household chores while listening to SiriusXM Coffee House!

BT

2 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my goodness, look at that sunshine! It's especially nice after a couple of days of straight rain. So glad you have had a good morning. =)

Mrs. Troyer said...

The sun was glorious! I'm just glad that baby girl was back in bed by the time it came out on the chair, I got a bit of a burn...as silly as that sounds ;)