Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Workout Wednesday

All doctors and literature tells me that as a mother postpartum I'm supposed wait 4 to 6 weeks before resuming exercising. It's been 6 weeks, I've been walking when I go crazy in the house, but that tells me that it is time to start it up. Being intentional is the only choice. For this month, my goals are:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Walking - not setting a time or distance amount on it, not this month. Just getting out with or without baby girl is the plan.

Tuesday, Thursday
Abs Workout - I know a full body workout would also be good, but for this month I'm slowly introducing workouts back into my life.

Saturday
Cardio of some kind - Can be walking or playing with the neighbors and Alexi or anything else cardio, as long as it gets me moving.

Sunday
Day of rest - Nothing planned.

My focus for the process is not toward a specific fitness, weight, size, or measurement goal, but for fitness in general. For the purposes of documentation, these are my facts and I will be reporting them weekly.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 182
Hips: 42"
Waist: 38"
Thigh: 24"
Calf: 16"
Arm: 12.5"
Pants Size: 14
Dress/Top Size: L

At the moment the motivation I'm trying to remember is that no matter how tired I am, exercising is good, and that it can actually give me more energy (which is completely counter intuitive).

BT

PS This will all start up next week, this week I have some organizing of life stuff to get around first. I need to be sure I don't let myself wait any longer than that, but it is a necessary delay...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! I also, I had no idea we were the same height

Mrs. Troyer said...

Me either! I thought you were shorter than me. How are you liking your couch to 5k so far?

Unknown said...

I like c2 5k a lot. It's not too difficult. It's been so hot lately that I have to make an effort to get up early or run late. The walking trails near our house are really nice and not very busy