Monday, April 9, 2012

No Picture Update

I have been asked to write another post. And I know she's not the only one who would like an update. It's just frustrating at the moment to try to write a post when there isn't much new to write about.

We are 4 days from our due date, and no real signs that labor is or isn't coming soon. We have all the same baby items we had before. Car seat is in the car. Hospital bag is mostly packed.

Yesterday our midwife left for a weeks vacation. If baby waits until at least Monday or Tuesday of next week we will have chance that Bonnie will be able to come in. Otherwise we will have which ever doctor is on call if we go into labor yet this week.

Mr. Troyer (and me) are both ready to get out of this limbo land we feel like we are living in right now. Until we have this baby there aren't many plans that can be made for the next months or years of our lives. So there is some frustration there. Oh, and baby in my belly has finally gotten to the Mr. enough that he wants to be able to give me a "real" hug. I can't say that I wouldn't mind that either.

Pregnancy hormones had me crying the other night that I don't have a waist anymore and I can't just walk into a store and start trying on clothes, because most of them wouldn't fit AT ALL!!! I believe we are ready for a change, to step up to the parenting plate, and for me to have my control over my body again. I do know that since I want to breastfeed that my body won't be completely mine still, but at least I wouldn't weigh what I do right now :(

We love this little child, we just wish that we could love it out here. Cover little Squirt in kisses and tickles. Chad's comment to me the other night was "I wish you could share baby." And boy, do I wish I could share our child with my husband right now. We have 18 days until I'm 42 weeks along, and we know at that point it'll be likely an induction that we will be facing.

Whatever it takes to deliver this little gift from God into our arms...

BT

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those last few days (weeks) are the impatient ones. It will all come to fruition soon enough--well OK you don't think that right now, yesterday would have been soon enough.
God knows all his/her days before one of them comes to be, and included in that is the day of birth.
With prayer for you and Chad,
Vicki Schrauger

Grace said...

Yay! Post! If the waiting is kind of hard on this end, I can only imagine what it's like for you. It's good to hear even if there is nothing to hear. =)

Mrs. Troyer said...

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers Vicki! We'll take all of them that we can get. I know and trust that God's timing is best, but it's just hard to see what it wouldn't work just as well now ;)

Grace, I have ideas for other posts right now too, just not really in the mood to write them. I'm claiming bloggers block ;)

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for news and found ur blog. I will be praying for u and my new little 3 rd cousin.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't supposed to be anonymous!

Ruth Doxey