Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bump Report - Week 32 / RECAP

How did we get here so fast? In 6 to 10 weeks baby will be full term and will hopefully make his or her appearance. That's less than the summer camping season out at Camp Barakel! March 5th is my (or is it baby's) first shower. The lovely ladies out at Camp Barakel (and some beautiful additions from town) will spend an evening with me, thanks to my lovely Cherry who is throwing it for me (or baby). I'm hearing of a shower at the church that will also be in March.


As I think about these showers, I'm humbled by how much the Lord has blessed me. He gave me a loving and supportive family, blessed me with an amazing husband (and now/soon child), surrounded me with loving families through churches and Barakel that jump to help guide and support me and my family! Thank you God and thank you to those who are following God's leading to be guiding hand in my life!


As for Squirt, let's look at what baby has been up to for these past two weeks. Weight gain is the name of the game. The approximate weight is 3.75 lb now, and between now and delivery time baby will gain weight like mad for warmth in this world of ours. Squirt's skin is turning rather pink now instead of the red it's been. As the soft lanugo hair that's been protecting baby starts disappearing, baby's hair and skin is becoming softer. Some babies settle into head down birthing positions around this week, but there is still plenty of space and time for Baby to get there if Squirt isn't ready to stay in a headstand position yet. :)



As for me, I'm tired. Often I struggle with heartburn/acid reflux because of baby movements. And my looniness and forgetfulness is reaching new heights. Overall, though, life is very good!


March 26th we have our POPS appointment. Not sure what it stands for, but that's when we will tour the hospital OB section and pre-register. Just hoping we don't end up there giving birth before then. I've heard it's not fun trying to register while in labor.


The other night I reviewed my two childbirth classes I have on DVD. Had a little anxiety creep up on me while watching them. I've reminded myself since then that God created my body to give birth naturally, Chad will be with me as a support, and most of all that Christ will be with me always. I still have some nervousness, but I know God's Will will be done, and that gives me peace.

Until next time, Squirt is growing and so am I!

BT

0 comments: