Monday, February 13, 2012

I Do Believe...That Was a Foot

Something that I didn't realize before I got pregnant was that there are different movements. Babies kick, yes, but I find there are more movements than that. I would divide them this way.

1. Baby Kicks - easiest to describe and pick out.
2. Baby Jabs - not as strong as kicks and not as easy to pick out.
3. Tumble Roll - I've never been sea sick, but the movement reminds me of the way people describe their tummies feeling. Quite literally it looks like my belly has a wave of water in it.
4. Dance Moves - I swear my child has a sense of rhythm.
5. Trampoline Jump - my bladder seems to be enjoyable to jump on...or maybe it's being used as a punching bag...hmmm.
6. Slow, Long Stretch - well, as much of a stretch as the child can have in there.
7. Sleep Jerks - both Chad and I jerk and twitch in our sleep. Sometimes I'm positive that is what is going on. Absolutely no movement, then a startling one, then nothing again.

Another thing no one told me was about he heartburn/acid reflux. Everyone told me about vomiting, which I have yet to do, but no one told me that while I enjoy my baby movements, they will cause some major grossness. Love the movements; hate the reaction.

Back to the purpose. While at work today, baby was quiet for a long time. Around 1:30 I had a new experience. During a slow, long stretch I felt a large amount of pressure on the top of my tummy/uterus area. Curious, I started to rub that area and around it trying to identify a body part, as I have in the past. The pressure was coming from a body part that was fairly small and flat. I felt further, and had a good guess right about the time our child decided it tickled too much. It was a foot!! I'm 96% sure. It's so exciting to me  because I've been trying to identify a body part since I started feeling more distinct movements.

Oh yeah, there is this too! This is what I get distracted watching during the day...


Chad says he wants to grab/catch a hand or foot through my tummy. Not sure if it's possible, but keeps us entertained :)

BT

2 comments:

Mike McDermott said...

You are so cute. Enjoy the baby around.It great bonding time. I remember having a foot go all the way cross the belly. It was really cool. Wait to it moves the bed!! Rachelle did that a few times. Love you

Mike McDermott said...

The girls and I are thinking about coming to Fairview May 18-20.