Friday, November 11, 2011

Bump Report Week 18

It's that time again. We went to our midwife!
It really was a short appointment. Blood pressure, weight, pee, wait for Bonnie, "How are you feeling?", "Let's hear that heartbeat!", "Make sure you schedule your ultrasound for right after thanksgiving.", "See you in two weeks!"
Yup

Even though it was short, it was the highlight of my week. When Bonnie pulled out her little heartbeat finder thing, and went to find our squirt, he/she was much higher than before! It makes me way more okay with the way my stomach looks right now. Then, it took a little bit to find our squirt. Eventually we heard it, woosh woosh woosh woosh, THUMP THUMP, then the sound of Bonnie trying to find squirt again. For those who don't know, the woosh woosh is the heartbeat, and the unmistakable THUMP THUMP was baby moving. And yes, I have felt baby. Unfortunately I didn't feel our squirt at all during the appointment, but I heard the movement :)


As far as how telling baby bump pictures are right now, it depends on the day and time of day. To me, this picture doesn't look like the bump is as big as other weeks, but I look at my belly now, (3 hours and one meal later) and it looks bigger than other weeks. Whatever.


Right now, I'm just so proud of how much our little squirt has grown! I didn't know I could be this proud of my child before I've even met him/her yet!

As far as Momma is doing, I'm doing alright. I can no longer bend down in the car to pick stuff up off of the floor. I have random butt and leg cramps. Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable, but I'm still sleeping alright. Yup, so Momma is doing alright.

The goal for this week (and for a long time here) is to not forget that there is more to life right now than this. I have a house to keep clean, a husband to love, a church family to be a part of, friends to love on. All are very important!

So, I love you baby, can't wait to meet you.
Until next week
BT

PS Liz, if you read this one, Bonnie says congrats and that you are brave for being pregnant in a foreign country :)

1 comments:

Liz K said...

Oh Bridgette! That note made my day!!! Please do tell Bonnie I say Hello!! And that I may be brave for being pregnant here, but I am not brave enough to deliver here! We will be doing that in Grand Rapids! Oh and have a blast at the ultrasound!