Sunday, May 23, 2010

So sry ill brb…

Realizing my own stupidity is a very useful talent, if I let it be. Like, I know I'm an idiot for sitting here now for an hour waiting for something to happen online, when clearly I'm the only one to be stupid enough to be struggling to stay awake to be online. For some reason, the college mindset of "later is always better" doesn't seem to be leaving. In all honesty, I sing tomorrow morning, then Sunday school, then the church service, then lunch with the family plus one, then loading up my desktop to download the Zune program using Troyer's internet, etc. So wisdom would say "Go to bed."

But who said I was ever wise.

In effort to actually say something constructive and worthwhile in this blog of mine, so that I don't look back and say, "that was a waste of time to read," I shall now discuss texting.

Just recently, the cell phone plan that I am on was upgraded to unlimited texting. Texting isn't a new concept for me, I've had it before, but how time erases the frustration that was experienced during that time of having texting. One of my main frustrations is that there are no voice inflections through texting. It's bad enough that when you are on the phone you can't read each other's faces, texting just takes away one more mode of communication. Basically you are voluntarily handicapping yourself in your conversation. One word used the wrong way or spelled the wrong way can send a COMPLETELY different meaning than what was intended. So texting is fun, texting is handy, and texting has it's time and place, but, to quote Brandon, "Don't let texting make you forget that sometimes it's just easier to call."

So there is that.

Maybe I should try a dose of that wisdom and go to bed. Alright, you've talked me into it.

Goodnight

~Bri

0 comments: