Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer Reading Project

So, as I was trying to say last time. This summer I've decided to have a list of reading material so I have some direction of how to spend my time when I'm not working. My list currently consists of this:

Chronicles of Narnia
In His Steps
The Small Woman
More Than a Carpenter
Case for a Christ
Pursuit of Holiness
Thorn in My Heart
Bad Girls of the Bible and Really Bad Girls of the Bible
Jesus Freaks I and II
Just Walk Across the Room
Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ
The Treasure Principle
The Pilgrim's Progress
A Wrinkle in Time series
Secret Keeper
Jaci Velasquez – A Heavenly Place
A Young Women's Call to Prayer
The Passion of Jesus Christ
The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind
Memorize This
Crazy Love
Are You Datable?
Lies Young Women Believe
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
Respectable Sins
Battling Unbelief
The Name
Why Believe?
In The Secret Place with God

This is not a complete list, and there is no specific order I'm reading them in, whatever I feel like I read. I just need to make sure that I don't lose track of the fact that I'm reading. There are so many great resources I have at my fingertips being here at home with my dad and right next to the church. I don't want to waste this opportunity I have.

I've started the list with Crazy Love…and all I have to say is WOW!

I must though, vent a little. This is my personal blog. In it are my person thoughts on life. I am aspiring to not drag a bunch of personal pains or stories into my commentary on these books. So, here I must talk a bit. In chapter 2 of Crazy Love, Chan tells a story about Brooke Bronkowski, a young lady who was a diehard Christ follower who was in a car accident before she was even out of high school. I am trying to not drag up unnecessary feelings and events that God has comforted me in. I must though say that I couldn't read that story without thinking about my friend Josh. He was so ready to do whatever the Lord asked him to do. And yet, the Lord took him; why, I ask. I know that it must be used for good, but I still feel as any human after feeling the loss of someone so young like nothing about it make sense.

Onward we head…

0 comments: