Monday, March 15, 2010

I pulled up to the Troyer's house for the second time today at 7:52pm, just in time to get seated and situated before Chuck began. As i gingerly stepped out of my truck carefully avoiding the puddles in their driveway (or rather, in the case of their driveway it's more of a desperately trying to find ANY dry islands) I was hit with it. It was there and I was suddenly taken back in time. I breathed deeply sinking into the memories that it brought. The smell of damp, night air filled my lungs. This was the smell that I missed when I was living in Jackson, the one thing I'm not sure I could be content without living with. The trees exude their mossy, frosty odor as the warm air is pulling the frost out of them and the rain water is slowly seeping into their firm, woody trunks. The ground gets that musty not-your-grandmother's-basement type smell that reminds you that something is now over and we are going headlong towards the rebirth portion of our seasons. By the time I had hopped from my truck to their basement door I had relived close to 14 memories, had the sensation of spring fully and completely, and that was all with just one long, deep, fulfilling breath. It's totally the little things for me!

Just thought I'd share with you my overstated love for this time of year!

0 comments: