Monday, March 15, 2010

Cookie in the Sun

So I'm at my boyfriend's house with only the dog for my company. Chad is at college, his siblings at school and his parents at work. So here I sit watching their adorable multi-poo dog sit in the sun coming through the window. The whole reason that I am here is to my government homework (meaning using their fast internet since I only have dial-up at home), but I find that I am COMPLETELY unable to concentrate. I don't want to learn about government, I want to explore pictures, art, music, stories, singing, crafts, interior decorating, etc. The list could go on and on with what I want to do instead of what it is that I'm "trying" to do.


Really though this is just one more thing that shows what point I'm at in life. I'm not far enough along in my studies to be doing only stuff that has to do with my major, so I'm trying desperately to finish my basics. I'm seemingly unable to do anything but waitress right now, not a very promising career, I can't wait to move on (more on waitressing later). Trying to make plans for this summer and beyond and there are just too many variables that I can't even do that. It's like my life is on hold; I'm stuck doing things that while here I can't see the reason for while I just look forward to what I hope is coming.

Waitressing, I did say I would talk about it. I have a job at this adorable little restaurant in our tiny little town. Rails End is the name, hometown cooking is the game. I usually have the night shift (which is more than okay with me) which means that I work from 2pm - 8pm. The cook and I have the run of the little diner from 2 on. Some nights I can do fairly well with tips, other nights for my 6 hours I have only 3 tables. I really don't mind it all too much since I don't mind talking to people. But sometimes I just get really bored of it and tired of going and doing without really showing too much for it. I know there are so many other jobs out there that would pay so much better that I COULD do ability-wise. But there are a couple reasons I won't give up my job. The likelihood that those "other" jobs are in our area are slim to none. I get to walk to work. I love my boss (she goes to our church). Finally, it's proving to be the perfect mission field. I've grown to love my cook and the other waitresses so much, but they are mostly so lost. Some are lost but ignorant to it, thinking that they have the truth, others are lost and looking but don't know how to completely give themselves over to it. Oh my heart aches for them. It's a big reason for prayer as I'm the youngster and have no clue how to get through to them. So there you have it, I'll be a waitress for a while and that's why.

That's about it for now, I really need to do this government. Perhaps I'll be able to now, and stop thinking about where I'd like to be in life, but I'm not. In other news I love my hair today!

:)

0 comments: