Tuesday, August 4, 2020

My Busy 20s

I will be 30 years old officially tomorrow.
It's hard to imagine this next decade being as full of changes, growth and events as my 20s. I thought a quick recap of what has made my 20s so full would be a fitting end.

And now that I've tried to write this recap 3 different times and 3 different ways, I've decided bullet points are the way to do it.

  • Graduated with my Associates degree
  • Joined the Troyer family by becoming Mrs. Troyer
  • Moved 3 times
  • Bought 1 house
  • Gave birth to our 3 children (one at home)
  • Worked at the church part-time (which was not in the plans at all)
  • Said farewell to dear family members
Looking at the 20 year old who was just about to be engaged to her best friend, I could not even begin to explain to her the ways in which her life was going to rapidly change. There have been times when I've felt like I'm just barely hanging on to life as it goes speeding by. Then times when I can't believe I have to face yet another day of infants waking me up in the middle of the night. But seasons come and seasons go. As I peer over the edge into what my 30s may hold for me, I can see it's a very different time of life than my 20s was, but no less filled with joy, sorrow, happiness, and growth. May I remember the lessons learned this last decade and hold dear their memories.

0 comments: