Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Reading the Bible Cover to Cover

I've been a Christians since I was quite young, and had a desire to grow in my faith since I was a teenager. That's enough years that you might be tempted to think that spending time in the Word has become second nature to me.
It hasn't.
I struggle everyday, every week, every month, to properly prioritize and savor time spent with God in His Word the Bible. And some months, weeks, days, I fail miserably. Growing up it was ingrained in me that I needed to spend time in daily in the Word and that having some sort of plan was more useful than reading on a whim. What do you do, though, when you have a high failure rate on being daily consistent with ANYTHING in life?

I found my solution a couple years ago when I followed a reading plan by a YouTuber, Anna Willemstein. She created a reading plan that had readings only on week days, leaving the weekend for either making up for missed readings or doing a separate reading. It was awesome!

When I added "Read the Bible Cover to Cover" to my 30 before 30 list, I knew I was going to have to do something similar. A google search later, and I found a great site to customize a reading plan for my time frame and reading days!


So it's a little less than a year, reading on M-F only. On August 4th, 2020 I'll have finished reading completely through the Bible.


This site even has a the option to download it in an ical format (that I then imported into google calendars) for an easy way to keep track.


Hope you find this tool as helpful as I am!
Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: