Monday, May 20, 2019

A Test of My Routines

This week will be a test - will my basic routines fall away in the face of stress?

Chad is away for work this week, my parents are gone this weekend, and my sister-in-law graduates from high school and has her graduation party this weekend.

This is the perfect storm that in the past has had one of two results. Either everything falls apart and the house is a disaster when Chad gets home, or I'm extra motivated without the distraction of having my favorite person ever home in the evenings.

As far as how I'm doing on Day 22, it's just okay.
I said at the beginning that I had attempted numerous times before and some of the habits had stuck. So starting back at the beginning built in many days where I'm not actually adding in a new habit, instead just continuing. In some ways I'm feeling a bit bored and wanting to jump in to other parts of the system. But I know that there are some habits that I'm just barely getting a grasp on and some that I'm still fighting with (*cough cough* decluttering).

So that's pretty much my goal for this week.
I need to continue with my basic routines (laundry, dishes, getting dressed, making bed, laying out the next day outfit, knowing what supper is, putting out a hot spot) and try to be more consistent with my 15 minute timer to declutter.

Mrs. Troyer

2 comments:

Grace said...

Where do you actually find the system? Is it on her website, or is there a book?

Mrs. Troyer said...

Oh man, I know, it's so hard to figure out their outdated website. So here's what I did. You start here http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/ with the babysteps. Do not, I repeat DO NOT sign up for the emails. Just bookmark that webpage and work through the days.
Once the babysteps are completed, then you are supposed to start adding in other things (like zone cleaning and weekly home blessing hour).
I believe in one of her books she breaks down the babysteps too, but I don't know which one. I've only ever used the website