Sunday, September 2, 2018

September Homemaker Check-In

Okay August, you threw a lot at me. Considering I spent a week husband-less (with my parents out of town too), had a trip to the emergency room one night, tore apart a bathroom, and had our windows replaced (3 and 1/2 days kicked out of our house) and started our homeschool year, I'm pleased with my habit progress. Was I perfect? Not even close! (right now I have a load of clothes in a basket to be put away, in the dryer to be folded, in the washer that needs to be rewashed, and in the bedroom waiting to go down).

I didn't end up using my phone checklist, not once.

As I was going through the month, I involved my kiddos as much as possible and look forward to the day that they get to contribute to our household maintenance 😁

With that in mind, my list of habits for September is with the understanding that for my own sanity, I need to equip my kids to assist.

Make Bed (which, dare I say, I think this one is actually a habit. 1 day this past week I went back into my room to make the bed only to discover I had already done it, without thinking about it)
1 Load of Laundry
1 Load of Dishes
Pre-Naptime and Pre-Bedtime 10 Minute Tidy

So much actual cleaning is hindered by the stuff that just multiplies on our surfaces and floor. If I can have the kids help me blitz tidy 2 times a day, when I need to actually clean I won't have to tidy first.

Check back with ya at the beginning of October!

Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: