Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Weekend Report

Weekends are for family and resting and not cleaning the kitchen (bad habit, but real life).


My wonderful husband made a cozy fire this weekend and it gave me all the cozy feels. We are in November, so my brain is full on cozy Christmas pre mode. Someday we'd love for this fireplace to be a gas insert, but for now we are using up the wood left in our basement from the previous owners.


Queso Chicken Bake is my JAM! I bought as an early Christmas gift Trim Healthy Mama's newest book Trim Healthy Table and this was my first recipe I made. OH. MY. GOODNESS! I will be making this again, maybe once a week until the family complains! Also, 2 out of 3 children tried and liked it (1 chose not to try it, but considering it was Alexi, that doesn't play into any food decisions for the family) so I'd call that a win!




I tend not to do a ton of work on the house on the weekends (see above, weekends are for family and relaxing unless there is a time crunch on something). I did tackle half the entry way for clutter (and shoes) and am actually quite pleased with the little bit of headway made. Maybe the rest of the clutter will be organized this week so it gets to painting time soon.

So Christmas mode means, gifts prep. I've been slowly gathering Christmas gifts since August, and it's made me so happy and relaxed about it. Here's some of the prep I did this weekend.


I finished 1 of 2 pairs of socks I'm making for gifts this year. (3rd pair of socks ever)


I've been knitting dishclothes as my mindless, "I-need-something-to-do-with-my-hands" knitting for a while, now I'm packing them up into sets for gifts


I decided I need to have some Christmas cheer in my own kitchen, so this was a fun cast on this weekend.


The kids clothes are in CONSTANT need of being cleaning out as they are growing like weeds. This week, it was Cadences closet as over half of it was too short for her now. Adding that to the clothes I've been collecting from closets and drawers for the past month completes a bag ready to be donated. Handily, my mom works for the local organization that helps families in need, so usually about once a month I hand her a bag of clothes, shoes and toys and I can feel good about where it's going.

That was my weekend, how was yours?

Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: