Friday, November 10, 2017

From my FB 11/10/2017

"Last night was one of the hardest nights I've had in a while, for a few reasons. The daily parenting struggles seemed harder, I was mentally exhausted, I didn't feel like I could get a handle on the work I was trying to get accomplished all day. When I went to bed I felt defeated.
Then, I got up this morning knowing I needed to meet with God, but not wanting to out of selfish desire and guilt for how long it's been since truly sitting with Him. But can I tell you, He pulled me in, He romanced me, He took care of me, He brought me to my knees in repentance and there I found he held me while I cried.
The God of Heaven and Earth, He is my Father! No matter how far I stray, He's always there to welcome me back. No matter how many times I "forget" to rely on Him and instead try to accomplish the calling of wife and mother on my own, He will help me out of the mess I make! Hallelujah!!!"

Hosea 2:16-20 (ESV)
“And in that day, declares the Lord, you will call me ‘My Husband,’ and no longer will you call me ‘My Baal.’ 17 For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more. 18 And I will make for them a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish[a] the bow, the sword, and war from the land, and I will make you lie down in safety. 19 And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. 20 I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.

0 comments: