Friday, August 17, 2012

Food Friday

This week I talked myself into two unknown worlds. First, I bought asparagus for cream of asparagus soup. I've done a tiny bit of cooking and eating of asparagus but cream of soup is a change. And I also bought an avocado to mess with. I figured if I tried guacamole with half and used the other half in a different lunch I would do alright.

So yesterday I made cream of asparagus soup. During the making process I started measuring out my half and half I discovered it was curdled. Yuck! The power of the Internet proved itself, thankfully, and I found a suitable substitution and the soup turned out SMASHING!! (come to think of it, smashing is not a normal word for me to use. Must be all the BBC I've been watching.) Then this morning I used half of the avocado in a smoothie and will be using the other half in egg salad for lunch. I have spinach for a salad during supper and probably for a smoothie or two in the next couple days.

This week I also received my mini blender!! That very night I went out to buy smoothie supplies. I'm excited at the possibilities this will open up. It's convenient (gets to sit out on the counter because it is pretty) and it can be very health conscious.

My other grocery shopping experiment is with munchies. As much as I'd love to completely eliminate them from my life, I like them way too much with lunch or whatever. So I found the Special K cracker chip and the pepraige Farm cracker chip options. I'm sticking to the serving sizes (yes, counting them out) and I've found that they both can satisfy that desire for crunchy saltiness. Are they "healthy?" No. Are they as bad as Lays? No :)

Good reflections...ready for next week

BT

PS yes I know, another boring, no-picture post...oh well...come back Internet!!!!!

*update* I may be mistaken but I think I made an asparagus soup before, while I was pregnant. Since I can't remember for sure and I have no recollection if it was good or not, I'm not going to count it...

3 comments:

LynBDesigns said...

I think my inner Anglophile is showing...Where are you getting BBC? Just wondering.

Grace said...

SMASHING!! hahahahaha :D
British TV is good.

Mrs. Troyer said...

We have BBC on our Dish TV
and British TV is VERY good