Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lovely Ladies Brunch


Back on July 14 some very dear people and I got together for a little brunch. My used-to-be neighbor organized it to be right before Grace took off for Arizona for a two year stint (she thinks) teaching.



I can’t tell you how sad this is for me. I haven’t seen her much through our college years, but there was a comfort in knowing she was still in Michigan. I knew if I ever got desperate she was there; I could hop in a car and find her. And in reality it is startling me how emotional this move is for me. It feels so permanent. She’s so far away. But this is a tangent, back to the brunch!


With Baked Oatmeal, fresh fruit, coffee and tea, etc. it couldn’t have been tastier. The 4 ladies (plus two babies) were great company and the conversation was so refreshing.


Grace, Colleen and I spent some time singing in parts like we did when we were in high school choir (although in choir we were all altos most of the time, I think). These are the days that I look back on and look forward to when it’s looking down.


I can’t wait for our next get together, however long I have to wait for it…


BT

2 comments:

Grace said...

OH MY GOODNESS BRIDGEY YOU MAKE ME HOMESICK.
But I'm so glad to see the pictures and actually the last few days have been extraordinarily happy. And (by the way) getting married and having a baby is so much more permanent than teaching. =)

I'm so glad for the time we did get to spend together this summer, and for all those crazy junior high and high school days, too.

Grace said...

PS That is a GORGEOUS face I'm making in the first photo. Word.