Friday, July 20, 2012

Food Friday


This week has been surprisingly better! Since the move Chad no longer comes home for lunch. I tend to have more like 3 to 4 mini meals, trying to focus on balance and good choices. This particular day I had a traditional meal set up and lunch was this amazing leafy green and spinach salad. Yellow sweet peppers and corn dressed it with leftover, homemade chicken bites reheated to add protein.


Then I’ve made 3 new recipes for suppers (disclaimer, not saying these are particularly “healthy” but they were made relatively or completely from scratch, so that’s worth props in my book): oven fried pork chops, beef stroganoff, and chicken and dumplings. They were all delicious in my opinion and would be worth making again!

So here we are.
I still have an unhealthy love affair with cheese.
Chocolate is a good friend of mine.
I ALWAYS want pizza (no…not kidding).
A childhood of feeding an unusually high metabolism has given me bad habits as a woman with a noticeably slower metabolism.
Now I’m just trying to be conscious so I can teach my daughter verbally and by example how to take care of her body with what she eats and the choices she makes.

BT

0 comments: