Saturday, June 9, 2012

Food Friday

This was supposed to be up yesterday, just didn't quite make it.

Ever since getting engaged I said that I wanted to define a taste palate for myself. In that I wanted to include more real food (veggies, fruits, grains, non-processed/non-prepackaged foods). In reality I've had some weeks where I'd do great and other weeks where I'd eat way too much of everything I shouldn't. Here is where I plan to use Food Friday. I have lots of cook books and recipes pinned on pinterest that would be suitable for that idea, I just haven't ventured to get into the habit. So, documenting the GOOD choices that I make. The number of good choices would determine how long the post is each week.

As far this week goes, I've had 4 side dishes that have been good.

  1. Sauteed Summer Squash
  2. Summer Squash and Asparagus Parmesan dish
  3. Sauteed Asparagus with a fried egg (a co-main dish)
  4. Peach, Strawberry, Banana smoothie made with Peach Yogurt and Milk
There probably are even "better" choices I could be making, but this is infinitely better than what I have been eating. I hope the next times I'll have pictures, and maybe even a recipe or two.

BT

1 comments:

Grace said...

Woohoo! I've started thinking about recipes lately, and have just about decided that I need to get a blender when I get to Arizona for smoothies. I will follow Fridays with great interest (and maybe a response post once in a while)! =)