Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Day I Kept Myself Busy

After I had a rough night of nerves I decided I had to keep myself busy and get things accomplished. So yesterday, I snapped a quick pic of things that I did when I finished them. Here is a look into my day.


The day started with breakfast and the first 4 chapters of the Gospel of Mark.


And this, is nothing short of amazing. Before 8 o'clock I was dressed, make-uped, and ready for the day in appearance. Made myself proud!


Took out our first trash bag for the week. (Not my favorite job, but better than a stinky kitchen)


Made our bed. This is one of those tasks that make me much more proud than it should. I think it's because it was always a task I hated to do, but mom made me do. So to do it on my own makes me feel like my mother is proud of me, every time.

About that time I decided to call my friend Cherry. She lives real close by, but we don't see each other often nor do we even talk all that often. It was wonderful to catch up (she's in school for nursing) and quite a refreshing treat.

Speak of treats, right after I got off the phone my mom pulled in the driveway bringing doughnuts (something I definitely don't need, but STRONGLY desire).


The next task of the day was another Spiritual well-being task. I started reading The Power of the Praying Wife when I was engaged and meeting with my mentor. I didn't get passed chapter 3 then. It was hard to relate since we weren't married yet and I had no clue how that would be. Now that I have been married 11 months I appreciate and love this book! I find myself clueless how to pray for my husband and for our marriage beyond the "favorite 3-word prayers" that Stormie talks about. And this has become one of my favorite times of the day. Yesterday I enjoyed a mug of decaf Green tea and bouncing on the ball while doing so.


This picture doesn't look so pretty, and I don't yet have an after picture. the dishes you see, they were completely done before lunch. But I didn't want to take my after picture until I had the stove done, the popcorn maker actually washed, and the counters tidied. Those tasks have been put off until today, so just know, it no longer looks this awful and it was one of the big things that I accomplished yesterday.


I gathered two loads of laundry to do at Mr.'s parents house (that's the white basket) during the afternoon when I would also be doing some running around town. (The blue basket and the sheets on the bed are something I hope to accomplish today.)


And I finally put away this stack of towels that have been staring at me for a couple weeks.

That brings us to lunch time. YAY!!!! As this has become quite a long post, I think I will save the afternoon (which does have significantly less photos) for later today.

I'm taking today quite a bit slower and resting my tender knee. Hope you all have as great of a day as I'm planning to have!

BT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like nesting to me!
That stack of dishes looks a lot like my kitchen! And you clean your whirly pop? I've never cleaned mine!!

Mrs. Troyer said...

We wipe it out with a paper towel between uses, then every couple of months we use soap and water...but normally it's just the wipe so that it stays "seasoned"