Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dr. Appointment and Baby Shower #1

Monday, March 5
----------------------------------------
I had my 34 week Dr. Appointment with Bonnie. Left home at 7:10 to pick up a dear friend to come for a coffee date afterward and headed to the appointment. Pretty normal appointment. I'm measuring 34 cm which she says at this point I should be measuring what my weekage is.

My next appointment in two weeks then I start going every week.

Sad news that for y'all (well sad for me, but I've known and haven't spoken of it on here I don't think). My due date is April 13. My midwife, Bonnie is leaving for vacation on April 6. If I remember correctly she is gone for two weeks, which means if baby comes at or within a couple days of 40 weeks, Bonnie won't be there deliver Squirt. The way the office is run at that point (and for the appointments I'd have while she is gone) I will be seeing one of the other Dr. in the office and they would deliver Squirt if need be.

So I'm sad that there is a chance that I won't have Bonnie during delivery, but I am confident in the other Drs. in the office. They have all come highly recommended by everyone who recommended me to the office.

I'm secretly (or not so secretly) holding out hope that I'll be one of the few first-time mothers to deliver right at 38 weeks instead of most who go longer than 40.
----------------------------------------
After the appointment Sydney, a high school friend of mine, headed to a coffee shop. She is home on spring break and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to talk. I must admit I struggle to not be a little jealous (or a lot jealous) of the overseas opportunities she's taking and the community she's found with her local Campus Crusade, but in the midst of that tinge of jealousy I thank God that He's blessed her in such ways!

A little Walmart shopping and we were on the way home.
----------------------------------------
At 1:45 I sat down to eat lunch before tackling a whole bunch of cleaning that this past weekend kept me from doing in the kitchen (I'm choosing not to do a post on the power outage, but we were without power from 3:37 AM Saturday morning to 4:30ish PM Saturday afternoon and without water until 8 something PM Saturday night).

My mom dropped off her half of the ingredients for Taco Pie that we were sharing with my parents for supper. And I spent the afternoon cleaning and making the Taco Pie.
----------------------------------------
At 6:10 my mom and I headed out to the camp where we used to live. My lovely friend Cherry was putting on a shower for Baby Troyer with the camp ladies that I grew up around.


It was a fun and beautifully set up shower (I never expected it would be anything less) and the ladies out at camp reminded me once again how deeply I have been blessed with Godly women.


The room where we had it wasn't ideal for picture taking, and my mom wasn't quite sure how to use my camera, so not many of the pictures turned out, but it was a night that will be long remembered.


----------------------------------------
Depending on how well you know this pregnant version of Bridgette, you may know just how much more activity that is for me in one day than normal. To say I was tired by the end of the night would be a severe understatement. But it was worth it!

Thank you Lord for a wonderful (and busy) day!

1 comments:

Liz K said...

awwww, I am sad I couldn't be there with you all! What a fun time! And what a lovely place to have it in!