Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Debilitating Child

Today our dear little Squirt hurt me. Just walking along, minding my own business when BAM! I'm in pain.

Backing up. Normal Wednesday morning beginning.
 - Make Chad coffee
 - Get dressed for walking
 - Walk with mom for 30 minutes
 - Take out trash
Very normal

I wrote some checks to mail and deposited them in our mailbox, and that's when it happened. As I'm walking back to the house something very painful happens in my lower back. Nothing like what's I've ever felt before.

First thought is, lets put some pressure on this. It felt sorta like a muscle back there got SUPER tight SUPER fast, but not like everyone has been describing contractions to me as. So I called a favor in to my neighbor. That wonderful mother of three pushed on my back and rubbed it, showed me some stretches to help loosen it, and set me up in their rocking chair with an ice pack for a couple hours.

The day continued, I'm a little sore there now, but the consensus between me and the mother's that I've talked to (including my neighbor) is that it was probably something baby did. I don't notice a lot of baby's movements while I'm walking, and it's very probable that Squirt just moved in the right way to put pressure on my back in the wrong way.

Anywho, completely thankful for a wonderful network of mothers, and that baby is moving.

But Child, let's not repeat this, okay?!

BT

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Little miss or mr. troyer, please stop hurting your mommy.