Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Magical Yarn Community

I travelled to school today with my friend Katie. She was look for a volunteer to do a heart scan on, and since I was already up, I said sure!!

After the scan on me was complete, I spent an hour or two sitting in the lobby crocheting. A bunch of people passed going in and out, then I noticed out of the corner of my eye a lady slowing down. She paused as if rethinking it, then approached me saying, "What ya working on?"

The conversation continued about knitting and crocheting; we said goodbye and she continued on her way.

First, I admire people who are outgoing enough to walk up and start a conversation. Second, I am amazed by and love the way that hobbies with yarn craft pulls people together.

Very bright spot in my day!

BT

0 comments: