Thursday, January 12, 2012

Freezer Cooking

Since before I got married, I've been intrigued by freezer cooking. The thought is to buy meat and other ingredients when they are on sale and spend a day or two cooking and preparing main meals to throw in the freezer to then cut down on time spent in the kitchen on other days.

I had a mini version of this a while ago when a large amount of chicken quarter were on sale. I did buy one and split it with my neighbor. I cooked some up for us to eat that night and some for shredding and to stick in the freezer. Being my first experience with freezer cooking, I didn't do a lot chicken and it was gone fast.

This week, ground beef in quantities of about 10 LB bags. So I bought one, and here is what I have to show from it!!


I cheated with this one. We had spaghetti and I saved half of it for the freezer. There was 1 LB at first.


4 hamburger patties (quarter pounders).


2 LB of already browned ground beef.


2 mini meatloaves (2 servings each) there is another 1 LB.


2 LB of ground beef already made into taco meat.

I also have 2 LB of not browned ground beef for use in any recipe, and some browned to be made into Mexican Shepherds Pie and thrown in the freezer.

That makes the total that I have 11 LB of ground beef. I'm excited to have all of this meat waiting for me in the freezer, and hope to do it again!

BT

2 comments:

Grace said...

You are awesome. Period.

Mrs. Troyer said...

:) Now if only I had the motivation to take care of the chicken I have in my fridge...