Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bump Report - Week 26

I know, I'm a little behind. You'll just have to imagine me wearing all sorts of cute outfits as Squirt and the Baby Bump have been growing since Week 23 (instead of the reality that I've been pretty lazy and not wanting to get out of sweatpants).

Here we are though, tomorrow is the first day of Week 26


Baby keeps growing. Squirt probably weighs between 1.5 and 1.75 pounds now and Baby Troyer is gaining fat (looking more and more like a newborn). Squirt's inner ears are probably developed enough to the point where there is a recognition of right side up and upside down. Baby's lungs are practicing breathing, though not air, but amniotic fluid just as practice.


The next big excitement is that sometime in the next couple weeks Squirt's eyelids will no longer be fused shut. According to one of my pregnancy apps on my phone the baby actually opens the eyes and sees light and shadows.

As for me, my uterus is about the size of a soccer. Belly button has yet to pop, but it's getting shallower and shallower :)

We'll see if this trend of no motivation for living outside of sweats continues.

BT

0 comments: