Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday Silence Official Broken

Husband said to me this weekend, "It's been since Christmas Eve since you have posted on your blog." I was aware, and I'm not sorry. I feel like during a holiday time, it's way more important to spend time with loved ones.

So far, though, this holiday has been so great!

Christmas Eve was considered our family's first Christmas. One of the highlights for me was puzzling with my wonderful Chad. (of course also the baby kicks and flutters that accompanied the night)

Sunday morning was breakfast with my parents and brother before church. And at church I was able to sing in a ladies ensemble! (Boy I miss singing!)

We spent the afternoon celebrating with Chad's family and setting up new electronics.

Husband had the Monday off of work and took the rest of the week off to have two days of relaxing with me and Squirt before we head to more family gatherings. (Oh, and on Tuesday we had a doctor's appointment. Found out I've gained about average weight and my belly size is average too!)

Thursday we headed for family pictures and spent two nights with my family at a hotel. We did fun things, like make the Walmart photo lady laugh endlessly, take a family bowling trip, and visit great grandma! (And somehow I ended up being successful in photographing everyone but my dad with the few pictures I took. Must be remedied.)

Saturday was spent with my mom's side of the family. Where my phone was set in the unfortunate spot to be picked up by a dear cousin of mine. I also was very pleased to get to see cousin Rachelle who brought the fabulous mittens to show me! You ROCK!

We headed halfway to Chad's aunt's that night and welcomed the new year from the comfort of a hotel.

Sunday we finished the trip to visit with Husband's dad's family. A delish meal was consumed and football dominated the conversation. Squirt was given the first official Christmas gifts, and it was exciting!

Now I'm biding my time until I fall asleep. The afternoon snooze I took has made sleeping so far tonight a very difficult task.

Hope your Holidays were as blessing filled as mine were!

BT

0 comments: