Friday, December 16, 2011

Bump Report - Week 23

Today is a lazy day, but officially the first day of the 23rd week of this pregnancy.

Because it is a lazy day, there won't be any pictures today, but I'll be sure to put some up tomorrow.

So between all of the different pregnancy trackers that I have here is what I know about our child.

Squirt is somewhere between 8 and 11 inches.
Between 1 and 1.1 pounds.
Facial features are mostly completely developed minus all of the adorable baby fat.
Our child can most likely feel my movements and hear quite a bit (I've been reading and singing to our child :)
Squirt's skin tone is being developed.
To sum up, Baby is more proportioned from head size to the rest of the body than he/she has been and is looking more and more like a newborn every day.

The movements are becoming more distinct to me. I can tell when it is a kick or jab as opposed to just a general flutter.
Last night I believe Chad felt Baby Troyer kick. He called it a twitch and I told him that's what it always feels like to me.

As for me, I'm beginning to have more trouble sleeping, and that will just compound as baby gets bigger and starts moving downward onto my bladder. Yay for midst the night bathroom runs!
My feet have times when they get a bit swollen, but nothing too bad so far.
Bonnie asked me last month if I had been gaining weight over that month before, and I had to admit that I have not wanted to watch my weight. So, she now knows that if I start gaining too much she will have to tell me because I'm not watching...lol
Ladies at church have been telling me that I've been gaining my "glow." Now it may help that they see me at church where I am trying to look my best with makeup on and everything, but the idea of the "glow" makes me happy!

Also, never underestimate what your words can do for a woman who is pregnant. The other day my neighbor told me, "Besides looking pregnant, you look very small today." It sounds silly, but that encouraged me so much! There are times during pregnancy that I just feel big, all over. Big and Gross. So days like that and encouraging words, especially from mothers themselves, have a HUGE affect over how I view myself!

Well, that's about all. I know I said that I didn't have any pictures, but we'll see if I can pull one from a few days ago.


And notice the bed, it's made...!

0 comments: