Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Almost 6 Month Check-up (Warning, wordy post)

Tonight we had the pleasure of hosting the couple that took us through premarital counseling for supper. They brought a pizza that I threw in the oven and we had salad and mini brownie trifles. (maybe I'll take a picture as I indulge in another mini brownie trifle tomorrow)

Mostly I'm thankful for couples like this in our lives. Besides both Chad and I having healthy, God-fearing homes to grow up in, we have a network of loving couples willing to walk beside us and ask the hard questions about our relationship. Having the resource of so many healthy different views on living Christian lives as a married couple has helped so much. I feel God has blessed us as we listened to the loving advice and Biblical wisdom during our first months of marriage. I pray that we will continue to listen to God and those he sends our way as this is the only way that we will make it through this thing called life together.

It is so true, Love is a choice. It's hard work. It's a job. It's also a HUGE blessing! Thank you Lord!

BT

0 comments: