Tuesday, September 27, 2011

End of One/Beginning of Another

As fall has officially begun, it's overdue for an update worth something.

This summer we lost neighbors. My parent's renters of the cape cod next door were able to buy a home. Because of a family who we knew needed housing VERY soon, my parents jumped on reclaiming the house and getting it ready to rent again. Just in time they were done enough for the next family to move in and we gained new neighbors.

Someday I may share more about them, but I'm waiting until I have permission. But I can tell you I spend a lot of time with that family throughout the day and it may be part of the reason my house isn't staying as clean and I'm not wasting as much time on my phone.

About a month ago I was really in the mood for fall, and we had some things in our backyard which reminded me that the season was coming to a close.

















In our backyard we had a great grape and pear crop. We have a crab apple tree, (Which if anyone knows what good crab apples are, please share.) and we had some early color. 

Now, of course, we have lots more color and the fruit is past its prime. I just haven't taken the time to go photograph that yet.

That's all for now :)
BT

2 comments:

B said...

It's fun to see that Grandpa and Grandma's legacy lives on with the fruit :)

Mrs. Troyer said...

Very very yummy fruit!!