Monday, October 27, 2008

When I grow up I want to be... Part 2

In my searching and thinking about my life/career goals and the next step for my life, I was challenged by a friend to think of anything that I've wanted to do ever. This is not an exhaustive list, but it covers the main random ideas.


Learn to dance (anything but ballet)

Travel in the USA

Travel in Europe

Perform in a community theater production

Stay in a cabin on a mountain

Perfect singing/acting ability through coaching

Fly in a plane

Spend time on a ship

Live in an apartment complex or rented house with a group of friends

Go backpacking

Walk in a Life Walk or for another cause

Participate in a social cause event

Learn to massage

Have a makeover

Do a makeover on someone

Learn to cut hair

Go snowboarding

Overcome shyness

Travel with no reserves

Settle down with a family

Learn not to be dependant on money in a money dependant world

Disappear to the world for a time

Build something (building) in relief efforts

Get a tattoo

Live on an island

Go on a road trip

Own a fix it house to rent out until I choose to live in it

Learn to play the violin

Shave my head


Now bouncing once more off the saying about God caring less about our happiness and more about our holiness, I know that doing something just because I want to do it isn't the right idea. I still pose the question, are the emotions and desires that I have totally humanistic, or can God work through those? I know this list means absolutely nothing in the view of my life on earth or in my eternal life, but what if when doing something off of this list, I allowed God to guide me? Would it then be the right plan for my life?

I feel like in a search for my passions and desires, the things I've desired to do could shed light on what that is. So once again, I ask for prayer.

0 comments: