Sunday, October 26, 2008

When I grow up I want to be... Part 1

As a little girl, I was very much so a girly girl. My career goals proved that. My list went as follows: ice skater, gymnist (those two were smashed when I found my complete and utter lack of cordination and flexiblity), actress, singer and mother. Now while those were nice goals, they didn't really fit me nor my resources nor my anything. Hmmm. So I moved on in life and my next set of career goals were even better: CSI agent, fashion designer (when I have no fashion sense myself), interior designer, author, massuese, cosmatologist or teacher. Those were great too (some of them better than others), but they still just didn't seem to catch my attention or passion. That brings me to the point where I am now. Did I miss God's memo, his urging in my life telling me what to become for all the rest of my earthly days? Did I not seek God's will for my life with enough zeal or passion? Should I even be seeking God's will, or is it more, doing God's will in the situations of life I'm in? Should the better question be what does God want from a Christians life? Or, where could God use me most? Or, where could I learn the most about God?

I know the saying "God cares less about what makes you happy and more about what makes you holy." It is so true, but what if I don't feel like I'm even getting an answer on what is making me holy?

So, here is part 1 of hopefully a 3 part blog on finding the goals for my life. Be praying for me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you to find God's direction for your life...

BTW, in Blogger Land, I'm Papa Mike to most people, but I'll always be Uncle Mike to you! ;^)