Tuesday, October 8, 2019

SUNSHINE - Daily Report 10-08-2019

The sun on these fall leaves are giving me LIFE today! Fall is my favorite season, for sure. My mental wellness that last 5 years would beg to differ, though, when it starts as gloomily rain as this year did.

The gloomy beginning just means that I'm even more pumped that this week is SUN every stinking day until Saturday!


Anywho...daily report time...

This morning I spent time with the account of Jacob and Esau's sons and family tree and the beginning of Josephs hardships being sold into slavery by his brothers. That was part of my TAWG (Time Alone With God) time this morning.

After the all over the place day of yesterday, today needed to be a "get things done" day at home.

When I opened the dishwasher after breakfast, I was greeted with unwashed dishes. A quick assessment tells me that I forgot to press "start" last night after filling it. Happily, there was enough space to add the breakfast dishes and get that going.


During the weekend I didn't get our school week planned out, so that was my task during the kids PBS time this morning.

This past weekend I did my seasonal inventory of children's shoes and coats, leading to a massive declutter of outgrown things. I also was able to go through 2 of my 3 kid's closet's as this summer has been the summer of growth spurts. This morning my mom picked up the billions of bags I had and she graciously took them to work with her (to the Family Resource Center that we have locally).

Since this is my daily report, I also am excited to report that I've begun reading my second of the 7 Chronicles of Narnia books. That series is on my 30 Before 30 list!

I was also proud to be able to get out of the house and walk to the hardware store. If I have to do cardio at all, walking it is.

My laundry is languishing today. I'm heading to bed with one load in the basket to be folded, one in the dryer, one in the washer to be rewashed tomorrow, and one in the other basket waiting to be washed. But tomorrow is another day, and another opportunity for laundry to be conquered.

Kitchen is closed up, and I'm heading to bed. Goodnight!

Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: