Saturday, July 21, 2018

Glad to be Back

Depression, anxiety, the results of trying to rely on myself, on the wisdom of men, looking at my situations with worldly eyes instead of in the light of eternity...

Since Christmas time I spent months with unexplainable anxiety and depression. Days of nonstop crying. Neck and back pain so bad I didn't want to move. Loneliness felt so deep it tunneled my vision and made me feel helpless.

May and June were the worst. VBS sent my stress level to the moon. Then I added my first dental appointment since 2011 and pretty much I felt like I ceased to exist.

But then came the sweet call from God, reaching down into the mess I created myself. Then came the loving care of friends who, though removed from me physically, speak such joy and comfort into my soul. Then came the relief of the responsibilities being over.

Guess what, God did not and will not give up on me. He will not cease caring and say "she's too far down that rabbit hole". And no matter how far I feel like I have backtracked, He takes the time to show me how the process is always growing me.

Glad to be back.

Mrs. Troyer