Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Quick Note On Smoothies

I love smoothies. So much so that I made a spur of the moment purchase of a pretty little personal sized blender. I've had a smoothie everyday for the past week and a half. Here is my equation for my breakfast smoothies.


- 1/4 cup of yogurt (I eyeball it) *note* I use regular plain or vanilla or strawberry or peach yogurt. The smoothie frenzy I've been noticing has everyone using plain Greek yogurt, but I'm really not a fan. I've tried to be, but it just wasn't worth it.
- a variety of fruits, frozen and fresh
- a couple tablespoons of ground oatmeal *note* I used our food processor to make this "oatmeal flour" to thicken the smoothies, and to make them last longer in my tummy
- a splash of orange juice

I'm about to start putting spinach in them. The only reason I haven't thus far is that I haven't had any in the house.

So there we are. Putting my pretty little smoothie to use every single day :D

BT

1 comments:

Grace said...

Plain yogurt + sweetened condensed milk is a pretty fantastic smoothie base. Also frozen juice concentrates. And I've started chopping up bananas, putting them in ziploc bags, and freezing them for convenience.