Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Internal Clock Says 2012

Now that I have had sometime to process the busy activities that just took place I'm ready to acknowledge that it is 2012. A new year has begun.

I have never gotten into the whole resolution thing. I'm not sure I ever plan to, but I do recognize that the new year is a great time to start a new habit (just as the beginning of any month is). In the month of January, there are things like the habit of walking intentionally that is going to start. To help with creating the habit (you know it has to go through the stages before it is a habit) my mom and I are going to start walking in the mornings.

There are other things though, that I like to start at a beginning with. As is the cycle, I found myself in a down section of my spiritual life. I've made goals in the past of reading a certain amount everyday, reading through the Bible in a year, stuff like that. What I found is that when life would happen and I'd get behind I wouldn't be satisfied without catching up, which was pretty impossible eventually. Instead of setting up myself for failure of that kind, I've chosen a smaller book of the Bible to concentrate on for the duration of the year: reading through it in different translations, listening to sermons on it, learning how to meditate on it, perhaps memorizing it or portions of it, listening for what God is telling me through this book. Through this habit, I pray and hope that I will let the Lord teach me not only from this book but also just through the discipline of reading, meditating, praying, memorizing and sharing.

The rest of my goals for the year, will come throughout the year! I'm excited to share them with you!!

0 comments: