Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Is Coming...

...the goose is getting fat....

As you know, if you follow this blog regularly, I have been listening to Christmas music (when no one is around) since the beginning of October. Beyond that I kept Christmas under my hat until November. That's when I started buggin out a bit trying to figure out how the Christmas season would look at our home. I was blessed with a wonderful husband, though, who is apposed to having the tree up before Thanksgiving. Instead of trying to fight my gracious husband (who was amazing and took me to Bronner's in October because I was in the Christmas mood) I decided to leave our house undecorated at all until right before Thanksgiving.

But that bug had still bit me, and apparently it had bit my mother too. See, it's tradition, my mom and I have put up the decorations and tree in the Comins house every year in November. The year I was gone at college that was my first trip home. This year, I decided, should be no different. We set up a date and were set to go. The morning was cloud covered and cold when they picked me up. By the time we pulled out the tree and lights, it was snowing, how appropriate.


Then started the process. Decide where the tree will be, where the furniture will move to, what needs to be done before the tree can be in it's place (namely hemming the curtains), and attack. We blasted Sandi Patty's O Holy Night! CD and made some headway before lunch.


After lunch I had to take a break for work needed me. But I came right back and discovered we had picked up a little helper.


Lacy and her son and had stopped in to see the tree. Before we knew it, we had enlisted him to help us put the ornaments on the tree.

We were by no means done, but that was all I could help with before husband came to pick me up. My parent's home is all gorgeous and festive now, and I can't wait to attack mine as this week progresses!

BT

2 comments:

Lacey said...

What a cute little guy you found to help! ; )

Mrs. Troyer said...

That he is! I enjoyed the visit!