Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 Simple Goals (before 2011)

I follow this beautiful blog, and have decided to join her 4 Simple Goals project. There are a few rules, but the one that I'm finding the most difficult is being positive action oriented instead of end result oriented. In any case, here we go.
4 simple goals
1. Take 100 extra steps each day. I'm really not one for exercising. I pretty much hate it. I hate the way it makes me feel. I don't mind walking. Especially if I can convince my mom, my friends or my boy to go with me. Not to mention we have a basement that I avoid, just think about how many steps that would be if I stopped avoiding it. I know I feel so much better after even a little physical work (river update next), so I know it will have it's payoff. My reward for this is a bag of dove dark chocolate (one each day as well)! I'm so excited!!

2. Read a Psalm each morning before rolling out of bed. I love my Lord and I love His Word, and I also love song lyrics, poems, and any other artsy words. Psalms are amazing, and I never take in enough of them. I know I won't do it if I wait until I'm moving, because that's when I realize that I'm late. So instead, I'll hit my alarm, find the Bible, flip on the light, and read away! This goal really is the reward in itself, but it says I should have a reward (and I have to agree, it would help on those tired mornings). I'll let myself add something to my wish list! (more on that later too!)
3. Write a letter each week. I started writing letters to long lost friends (or not so long and lost) the week I worked everyday in the Post Office. I liked it so much that I'd love to keep going (I've also rediscovered my love for receiving hand written mail). Each month that I succeed with at least one per week, I'll let myself buy/make one card for the next month (more on making cards later).

4. Have more coffee/fruit and yogurt/corn husking moments with my mom. My mom and I spent a couple wonderful days this past week after they returned from their 3 week vacation. We had coffee together, husked corn together, and ate fresh fruit together, all the while talking about life, family history (I learned so much about my grandparents), and tips on house keeping. I have known that I will desperately miss my mother when I move out, but I guess I just didn't realize what it will take to make the most out of the time that we have left. This one I refuse to put a reward, because there is no price on that kind of friendship!


So there we are. My 4 Simple Goals! Very excited!
-Bri <3

0 comments: