Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tired, Broken, and Falling (into His arms)

I really do feel rather tired and broken, which I know is the best place for me to be in (especially when I practice wisdom and fall into His arms). But it's so hard to be in this spot during it, and remembering that the growth the Lord brings through leaning on Him during the rough times is worth it.

My brokenness isn't even about my life (except for how tired I am). So many of my friends are hurting, and I'm lost as to how to help them. Then there are those who I don't know, at least not personally, but I hear about what they are going through, and it's all a sign of the fallen state of the world. I don't know how to reach, teach, love, heal them and me. And that breaks my heart.

I guess that was somewhat of a lie, my life is breaking me too; one of my good friends challenged me with her life and a conversation that we had in the car. How do you forgive without resolution? I get and love the whole forgive and resolve, where we both cry, laugh, hug, and get on with our lives and friendships, but I struggle forgiving and being forgiven knowing that they don't necessarily want resolution where we heal our relationship. Lord, how do I do this?

Life, it tires me out. I just want to cry a lot, like more than most people.

I need to go to bed...more tomorrow...

0 comments: