Friday, November 17, 2017

Christmas Prep Doldrums

It hit me right at the beginning of this week. Coming off of the baby-high from the weekend visiting with family, I looked at what I still have to get done before Christmas and stalled.

I have a book I renewed from the library that I haven't picked up all week.
There is a sock and a half to finish knitting. This week I had to pull sock 1 back to the toe to resize it. Just caught back up to where I had been last weekend.
There are 5 washcloths still to finish.
The last pieces of Christmas shopping are coming in the mail.
Christmas cards are printed and coming in the mail.
The piano is covered in Christmas music, both vocal and musical.
I have a recipe book projected half completed on my countertop.
There are rotting pumpkins on my front porch.

It just feels like I rowed and rowed and rowed, but didn't get anywhere this week. And I'm OH so tired. The weather was dreary and cold. We didn't even get to spend the hour we normally do at the library this week. It's just off, an off week.

But, then there is the weekend!
I've been promised that Saturday morning will be filled with decorating my Mom's house!
Chad has no indication that he will have any work trips this weekend!

So, here's to Friday! Let's feel accomplished for finishing the week!

Mrs. Troyer

0 comments: