Sunday, March 29, 2009

There's a great juggler on the radio tonight!

Given the option of me rambling or not, I was told that I should ramble in these wee hours of the morning. Not sure he knows what he's getting himself into with what kind of mood I'm in. What mood is that you ask...hmmmmm

So somehow I fell asleep during Sister Act with two cousins in the same room. They aren't loud persay, but they aren't always quiet either. I guess they were up pretty late, but I was out and not waking up at 9:30. Let me repeat that. I was out and not waking up at NINE THIRTY IN THE EVENING!!! If you know me at all you will understand the immense oddness of that comment. What is even odder, I didn't wake up until 9:50 this morning. I don't know why. This whole 12 hours of sleep thing made me feel odd today.

On another note, I keep finding myself allowing my mind to wander as I sit and eat in the IWU food place (I guess it's called Baldwin...funny...that's my RA's last name...if you say Grace, I say Baldwin). It reminds me of Chuck's at CU (Brandon's school) from the few times i've eaten in there. I guess it's the same catering service, but Cederville's is bigger or something like that. Anways, that's not supposed to be the point of this little blurb. I keep finding myself thinking about big and small schools and the lost of identity in them. I am well aware of all the ways that large schools try to hold onto the indentity of each student and that the students usually wouldn't notice what I see. But being who I am, I would reek havic on a large school. I would never be content with just my group of people. I would have to be known around school as the random odd weird freaky girl who would walk up to a complete and utter stranger just to say hi (and I would TRY to remember to do it when I'm not hyper). But i'm afraid I would scare many. I even scared a bunch of people at my TINY school by accidentally leaving my room when I was hyper this second semester. By this point I'm over shyness, so the new freshmen this semester got quite a shock. But, back to the point. There is nothing wrong with it, but it would totally be a change for me. I'm just having trouble placing myself in a large institution like this or CU. It makes me laugh to picture it. I'm sure Rachelle was wondering what I was looking at and laughing at whilst we have been eating. Also, I LOVE the ability to people watch here!!!

So tomorrow is up in the air a bit. If the Herrs don't pick up their phone I may end up being stuck here for another day. Which that wouldn't be all bad for me, cuz then I would get homework done, but poor Rachelle, I would feel bad for her. I would be imposing, but I'm rather scared to go off on my own. (Trust the Lord Bri!!!!)

One of my favorite things to do in the world is try to put myself in someone elses shoes. To live like them for a while puts a whole new spin on the world. I started a story (back in my writing days before I realized just how much I sucked at it) about a girl who was a different person in each town that they lived in. I remember I had so many amazing plans for it, but I could figure out how to try them out. We had at that time stopped moving so much. I hope sometime to be able to. Can you imagine putting on that persona and recording everything. How people respond to you, the jobs you get, the looks you get, everything. I love it! Can't wait for my chance! Perhaps it will come when I get my chance to travel the USA. Oh the dreams I wish I could live...

Sorry for springing this random blog on you of a bunch of rambling. Oops, I just appologized again. Compulsive rambling and appologizing seems to be a curse with me. If I'm incredibly awake, or immensly tired, I ramble nonstop. Unfortunately I can't seem to find teh happy medium. So the majority of the time you might want to be careful what you say to me, or you might end up starting me on an large ramble that lasts forever. And what's even worse, I am VERY capable about rambling about anything. So you are better off just not talking to me if you don't want to risk getting an earful everyonce in a while.

Okay, for your sake, the unfortunate reader, I will end your agony and end this ramble session. Hope you got some amusement out of some part of it, even if it's just trying to picture me rambling all this.

0 comments: